vrijdag 1 juli 2011

Growing up

Pfff.. I don't know about growing up. Today I visted some friends who just got the key to their first own house. It's going so fast. I grew up with the girl and I have some pictures of us being four years of age and playing together ion the sand. And now, she bought her first house and she is all grown up. It seems really nice to have your own place together with your boyfriend, but one part of me wants to stay a child because it is safe. Another part wants to be mature and explore the world. But there are choices to make. When growing up and spending your life with another person, it's inextricably connect to being less able to do whatever you want. There is someone else you have to take into account. You have to balance it. You should not leave your entire independence behind because it will make you unhappy. But you also cannot do al the things you want, when you want them anymore. Currently I'm in a period in my life in which this becomes very clear to me. People in my environment are growing up and so am I. I'm in the process of becomming an adult, which sometimes leads to these moments of confusion. I'm not ready yet, but I have to become ready. Because I see the changes in my environment I get in touch with reality again. I like living in my 'own' world as it is safe and familiar, while change can be a good thing too. It's a phase I have to go through and I hope time will show me the right answers of what I want (to become) in life and how I should proceed. We all have to grow up and be ready for this world

Ciao!
Ixis

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten